Business Support team is responsible for producing reporting materials for Institutional and Wholesale Distribution (IWD) Senior management. Their contribution includes client & product insights necessary for Request For Proposals (RFPs) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs). In addition, they support all IWD departments across Nordea´s value chain from an administrative point of view.
Client Service (CRS)
The CRS team is acting as Nordea´s control tower with their role being to filter and coordinate all incoming internal or external queries. The Team´s main focus lies on provide proactive Sales and Client support across different geographical territories as well as the organisation of events such as roadshows, conference calls and fairs. CRS is also in charge of coordinating client onboarding, dispatch of reports, product information and monitoring of trades.
CRM Operations Team
The CRM Operations Team is responsible for our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) platform: operations, administration and development – but also user trainings and support, building of dedicated home pages, apps, dashboards and reports. The CRM team plays a vital role in the management of our fund data including dissemination to third parties.
Distribution and Central Oversight
- The Distribution Oversight team is responsible for the monitoring of the distribution activities delegated to third party distributors. The team’s main duties are the initial and on-going due diligence of distributors, in compliance with applicable distribution agreements, local and global laws and regulations. A thorough understanding of the regulatory requirements is essential to conduct the assessment of the distributors.
- The Central Oversight team is responsible for the development and maintenance of an oversight framework for externalised services with intra-group or third-party providers. The oversight framework establishes clear roles and responsibilities within the organisation for the appointment, the monitoring and the evaluation of external service providers.
The Fund Reporting team, is in charge of producing standard, dedicated and regulatory clients reports for Institutional and Wholesale Distribution (IWD). The team is managing the internal fund and benchmark database. They also liaise with Data Vendors and Fund Platforms in order to properly refer Nordea Asset Management funds externally.
The HR team‘s main objective is to deliver HR services to NAM entities located within Luxembourg along with our 14 foreign units (from Singapore to Chile). We focus on supporting leaders and employees on different HR matters both on a HR- strategic and operational level. Our portfolio includes a wide-range of operational tasks such as leadership sparring, recruitment, on-boarding, payroll, reporting, legal cases and much more.
The Business and Corporate Law team assists with the corporate legal expansion of NAM, the funds it manages as well as its foreign entities. It aims to contribute to the maintenance of a sound corporate legal framework of such companies, including legal support to business developments and projects.
- AML team
The AML team ensures that the company is able to identify, handle and report AML risks it is exposed to during the entire lifecycle of the customer relationship. In this context, the team is in charge of performing AML diligences on new and existing customers which involves interacting with the Sales organization and dealing with customers’ structures from Europe, America and Asia. In addition, the team is responsible for providing input in various projects requiring an expertise in AML matters.
The Compliance team is part of the internal, independent control functions, whose purpose is to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements. In line with this, it is responsible for identifying compliance risks, performing monitoring and control activities, providing advice, support and training to the staff, promoting an ethical culture and acting as a central unit for client complaints.
The Risk Management team covers the Operational Risks of the Management Company and our funds, as well as the Investment Risks of our funds. The scope of our mission is rather large, and our work is based either on in-house controls or on the review, control and assessment of risk reports and related documentation provided by outsourcing parties.
- AML team
- Advisory Marketing
The Advisory Marketing team is the content generator for the advisory channel within Nordea Institutional & Wholesale Distribution. The team creates (print and online) content for articles, adverts, press releases and presentations as well as several multimedia channels (LinkedIn, Twitter). It also maintains the communication with external press agencies and content feed to client and publication platforms.
- Marketing Communication
The Marketing Communication team’s mission is to uphold sales opportunities while safeguarding the integrity of our corporate message externally. The team is responsible among others for: the design, production and distribution of marketing materials (e.g. flyers, brochures, factsheets, newsletter, reports etc.), client event support, production of media ads and videos, as well as design and maintenance of multiple websites and mobile applications.
- Advisory Marketing
Private Equity Investor Relations (PE IR)
The Private Equity Investor Relations team supports the ongoing relationships with Nordea’s PE clients (so called Limited Partners – “LPs”). Coordinating fundraising activities represents a large part of what the team does. This consists in articulating and executing the marketing plan (incl. events, roadshows, opportunities monitoring, market analysis), coordinating the production of marketing and legal material (such as private placement memorandum (PPM), marketing presentation, etc.) and answering LPs’ questions and requests for proposal (RFPs). Other key IR tasks handled are grounded in servicing the LPs during the fund life cycle (e.g. reporting, organizing annual investor meetings).
- Product Specialist: Promoting our investment solutions by creating successful marketing documents to support our sales team and meet clients’ expectations (i.e develop and maintain pre-sales marketing documents such as pitch book, clients’ newsletter, monthly update etc.) Act as the main knowledge hub through contacts with our investment professionals to handle any incoming direct requests from clients or sales in a timely fashion and quality.
- RFP specialists produce request for proposals (RFPs) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs) for our international Institutional and Wholesales Distribution clients. In addition, they can also perform the funds and asset classes’ analysis by making quantitative and qualitative comparisons against our competitors.
The Products team consists of three different functions
• Product Law. The team takes care of all product related legal questions. Moreover it´s responsible for legal filings with the Luxembourgish Supervisory Authority for the Financial Market (CSSF) such as prospectuses, merger plans, liquidation announcements.
• Product Services. Focus area is to act as the operational interface between the fund design and its inclusion onto the Luxembourgish platform and into the product management lifecycle.
• Investment Management Oversight (IMO). In order to monitor the outsourced portfolio management, the IMO function performs periodic reviews of information provided by the portfolio manager and assesses it against set KPI´s.
• Marketing Control. After having a product launched and set it up operationally, the Marketing Control team takes care of the review of marketing materials for our product range, and assess them against existing regulation applicable in the country of distribution.
Project Management Office
The Project Management Office, is responsible for the overall change management process in IWD. This includes liaising with Business and IT owners in the design and implementation of our internal roadmap, managing strategic change initiatives, and overseeing process optimisation projects for our distribution units (Marketing, Sales, Fund Reporting and Client Servicing).