Climate Expertise that drives returns
15 years ago we were pioneers in climate investment. We still are.
Join us in climate investing 2.0 and engage for change.
Nordea. Your climate investment expert.
Our journey towards climate investing 2.0
Launch of the Global Climate & Environment Strategy
Establishment of dedicated Responsible Investments (RI) team
Introduction of first NAM wide restrictions on coal
Founding member of Net Zero Asset Managers initiative (NZAM)
Continuation of our climate investing 2.0 journey: Launch of Global Climate Engagement Strategy
There are many ways you can contribute to the fight against climate change.
As an investor you can capture the benefits of the green transition and make the difference in supporting real-world decarbonisation. Engage for change and invest in climate solutions with Nordea.
Engage for change
(Climate investing 2.0)
Nordea 1 – Global Climate Engagement Fund
Many companies with today's high carbon emissions will play a crucial role in the green transition and decarbonization in the future. It won't work without them. Often they just need the right impetus and know-how to realize their ecological potential, to unlock hidden values and to attract investments.
- Assessing companies with climate ambitions but facing meaningful fundamental risks in the transition to a sustainable economy
- Investing in underappreciated opportunities which have an attractive valuation and the potential to become relevant in the low carbon future
- Engaging to drive forward the necessary strategic and operational changes that will unlock companies’ potential
- Generating alpha potential and curb real-world emissions
Invest in climate solutions
Nordea 1 – Global Climate and Environment Fund
The best energy is the one you don’t use. Investing in resource efficiency and clever energy solutions is a vital part of shifting to a more sustainable society. Companies that use their talent and innovation to make a positive difference have the potential to benefit from a strong growth in demand and can generate attractive returns.
- Using the momentum and picking direct beneficiaries of the long-term sustainable growth opportunities
- Staying pragmatic and investing in innovative solutions that make economic AND ecologic sense
- Keeping the focus on businesses operating in resource efficiency, alternative energy and environmental protection
Empower an inclusive just transition
Nordea 1 – Global Impact Fund1
This solution-driven approach aims at supporting the transition towards an Inclusive Green Economy within the social and planetary boundaries. The fund seeks to invest in businesses that provide solutions to meet pressing social and environmental needs.
- We need a just transition: The strategy addresses the interdependency between climate, society, biodiversity and natural capital, to support a more liveable planet in the future
- Expertise across the board: benefit from the expertise of the same investment team that manages the successful Global Climate and Environment Strategy and of NAM’s award-winning RI team.2
- Make an impact: be an active player of the transition towards an Inclusive Green Economy
1) With effect as of 31/08/2023 the sub-fund was renamed from Nordea 1 – Global Climate and Social Impact Fund to Nordea 1 – Global Impact Fund.
2) CFI Best ESG Team Europe 2022, for more information click here.